Thursday, October 9, 2014

Study Group


Hello everyone! So today I will meet with my cohort Study Group to review our Topic Explorations. My original topic related to mentoring adolescents in the inner-city, but after reviewing articles and previous dissertations it appeared that quite a few people have already researched this area. I know as a researcher you should take a topic and find additional information to find a different perspective, but honestly it seemed overdone. 

I have a passion for working with the military and started focusing in on this area, but still tying it back to mentoring. I will receive feedback tonight to see if I'm going in the right direction. Research can be intimidating, especially writing a dissertation.

Not only am I studying for my school work, I'm in the process of studying for my clinical social work exam. I plan to take the exam by the end of January 2015 with the goal of taking it once as you take a final exam. Come February, I will be fully licensed as a Clinical Social Worker.

Well that's it for now. The work day is almost over, and then I will work on my site study assignment before study group!

Until Next Time...

Future Ed.D

No comments:

Post a Comment