Friday, March 9, 2018

Work School Balance


Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since my last blog. There's been so many changes with my personal life, that I'm finally at a point after a leave of absence for a year, that I'm at the dissertation phase. Over the next eight months, I will be working at my leisure with guidance from my lead and community advisers. In addition, having supports in place from my current cohort, family, and friends. 

I completed my first week and half of the first eight weeks and learned I definitely have to set a side time specifically for school. In my first Blackboard meeting with the lead adviser and cohort, we were informed to set a side an appointment for ourselves to work on our proposal. To not let a week go past without setting eyes on our work.

With a new job that requires a lot of time for meetings, calls, and long documentation hours, I am exhausted mentally afterwards to work on my proposal and find new research to build up my conceptual framework, but that's no excuse. I have to make sure if I'm unable to work during the weekdays, that the first part of Saturday is school work, with my reward being able to enjoy myself afterwards by practicing my yoga/teaching, going on mini adventures on my motorcycle, going out for lunch, catching a movie, or just relaxing at the house.

I'm at the last stretch of the race and can't quit at this point. Dr. Stuckey is attainable and in reach. The only person that can hold me back is myself.

Well Until Next Time...
Future Dr. Stuckey

Photo Calistro Productionz

No comments:

Post a Comment